6.15.2009

FAQ #2

Oops. I forgot to post last week's FAQ. However, I didn't meet any angry mobs with torches and pitchforks, so I hope that means I'm forgiven. Just pretend this one is from last week, and I promise I'll have another up for this week. Sorry about that. This week's question is about switching from text to graphic mode.

Q: The e-edition puts pictures at the bottom of the page. Like on obituaries, you get the printed article up top and the photo of the people at the bottom. You have to figure out who is who.

A: For articles or sections with a lot of pictures and captions, such as the obituaries page, the visual mode should be set to "Graphic." The visual mode can be changed for each article by using the Graphic/Text button directly above the article. Text mode is the default option. If you prefer one mode over the other, you can set it permanently for all articles by using the drop-down menu.

In graphic mode, the entire article will appear as one picture, just as it looks on the page of the newspaper. Text mode separates the photo from the text, allowing for easier reading and manipulation of the text. For example, if you want to copy and paste, you must be in text mode, otherwise you'll only be able to select the entire "image" of the article.

Text Mode v. Graphic Mode
(See how I stretched the article on the bottom so I could see more of it? Check out last week's FAQ for details).

This feature is also useful for printing articles to mail or scrapbook because they'll look like you clipped them right out of the paper--aside from the fact that they're not on newsprint.

Again, if you have any questions or comments about the e-edition, let me know. I'd love to address those in future posts. Look for this week's FAQ on Wednesday or Thursday. See you then.

e-edition out.

No comments:

Post a Comment